Over the years I've had conversations with pastors who want to do more to integreate faith and work but struggle to know where to begin. Re-Integrate has a post with some very practical ideas.
Originally published at www.vocationalstewardship.org
1. During corporate worship services, pray for members by vocation. This could take a variety of expressions:
- pray aloud for a different occupational group (e.g., educators or businesspeople) each week
- invite congregants who are facing difficulties on the job to come forward during or after the service for prayer
- pray for individual members by name and vocation
2. Visit church members at their places of work.
3. Recognize vocational achievements and awards of congregants in the church’s newsletter or on its website. ...
Read the whole post. Excellent ideas!