Business Insider: 12 US Industries That Will Collapse In The Next Decade
The long decline of American manufacturing isn't over yet.
Fifteen of the 20 fastest shrinking industries are in the manufacturing sector, according to a Bureau of Labor Statistics report on job growth from 2010 to 2020.
Government jobs, especially in the postal service, are also getting axed. ...
- Glass and glass product manufacturing
- Metalworking machinery manufacturing
- Miscellaneous manufacturing
- Federal government jobs except for the Postal Service and electric utilities
- Pesticide, fertilizer, and otheragricultural chemical manufacturing
- Metal ore mining
- Pipeline transportation
- Computer and peripheral equipment manufacturing
- Communications equipment manufacturing
- Postal service
- Leather and hide tanning and finishing, and other leather and allied product manufacturing
- Apparel knitting mills
There are lots of jobs in America if you know where to look.
The fastest-growing industries — according to a 2012 Bureau of Labor Statistics report — include ones tied to the aging population, like home health care services and offices of health care practitioners.
High tech industries are also doing well, and there's even a steady comeback happening in construction.
Between 2010 and 2020, the BLS projects an overall gain of 20.5 million jobs in America. ...
- Community and vocational rehabilitation services
- Facilities support services
- Other professional, scientific, and technical services
- Commercial and industrial machinery and equipment rental and leasing
- Software publishers
- Offices of health practitioners
- Outpatient, laboratory, and other ambulatory care services
- Cement and concrete product manufacturing
- Computer systems design and related services
- Veneer, plywood, and engineered wood product manufacturing
- Management, scientific, and technical consulting services
- Individual and family services
- Home health care services